Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:38:40 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't login through ssh from 6.3 machine to 7.0 machine

--qoTlaiD+Y2fIM3Ll

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 05:57:01PM +0200, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Frank Bonnet wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >I have installed a fresh new machine running 7.0 and surprisingly
> >I cannot log in from another machine through SSH ...
> >
> >I haven't modified the standard sshd configuration at install
> >which is the same than my other 6.3 based machine ...
> >
> >All accounts are local.
> >
> >I can    ssh 7.0 --> 6.3
> >I cannot ssh 6.3 --> 7.0
> >
>=20
> Please provide more information, such as
>=20
> 1) is sshd in fact running on 7.0
>=20
> 2) What command you run
>=20
> 3) error messages
>=20
> 4) packet traces

I think the most important, first, are checking 1 and providing 2 and 3.
In fact, 2 and 3 should be pretty standard operating procedure when
asking for help.

Also . . .

  1. Are the firewall settings different between the two systems?

  2. Are the sshd_conf files the same?

--=20
Thomas McCauley: "The measure of a man's real character is what he would do
if he knew he would never be found out."

--qoTlaiD+Y2fIM3Ll

--qoTlaiD+Y2fIM3Ll--