Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:03:21 -0400
From:      "Brian A. Seklecki" <seklecki@noc.cfi.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Michael Scheidell <scheidell@secnap.net>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ssl accelerator cards and jail?

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 16:45 -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> has anyone done any work with hardware ssl accelerator cards and freebsd?

I'm pretty sure.  Because it is a;; one kernel, the userland->kernel
sysctls just fall through to the host.

I've been meaning to try the VMWare ESXi 4.0 PCI card passthrough
feature.

Let me pass my Sun Crypto 1000 (BCM5921/23) through to a Jailhost
FreeBSD 7.2, then try it within a jail.  Should be quite a head trip.

 ~BAS