Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 09:49:07 -0400
From:      "Orville Pike" <technews@giallarhorn.org>
To:        "BSD Freak" <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail

i have a similar problem with named on my laptop where named comes up before
the nic interface is initialized so it only see the loop back interface.

try restarting sendmail after the machine has booted using killall -hup
sendmail or simply killing and restarting sendmail with the command
/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd or wherever it's located.