Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 100 23:52:34 +1100 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
To:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        steve@virtual-voodoo.com, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, scanner@jurai.net, darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au, shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp, louie@TransSys.COM, committers@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 code freeze scheduled for Jan 15th

In some email I received from Poul-Henning Kamp, sie wrote:
[...]
> In the meantime please enjoy:
>
> 	NTFS filesytem
>
> 	Netware support
>
> 	Jail facility
>
> 	Tons of new device drivers
>
> 	Netgraph
>
> 	etc, etc
>
> Isn't that just that very incomplete list worth a release ?

In light of IPv6 missing, at the start of the 21st century,
when just about every other major OS is getting ready to include
it in their next release ?

I'd say no.  btw, Apple have announced IPv6 support in MacOS-X.

Anyway, I'm now sorry I brought this issue up.  Maybe I should
have stayed quiet and not gotten people worked up about this and
let FreeBSD go ahead and release 4.0 without IPv6.  At last then
the other BSD's might have been able to grab some market share.

Like I said in a post elsewhere, the people driving FreeBSD seem
more interested in goals other than those which are significant
milestones for FreeBSD and the Internet.

Apologies,
Darren