Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:58:10 +0100 (BST)
From:      William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>
To:        Sperber <sperber@gmx.at>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openoffice

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Sperber wrote:

> hi
>
> is it normal that the regmerge takes more than an hour?
> regmerge uses hardly cpu, and the size of the work directory doesn't change...

It would depend on your hardware and loads of other stuff.  Openoffice
is a beast of a program.  If you follow these sort of things you might
like to cvsup your ports tree and try the new native FreeBSD openoffice
port that is just out.  I'm compiling it at the moment.

--
W. Palfreman. 		http://www.palfreman.com/william/
Tel: 0771 355 0354	PGP ftp://ftp.palfreman.com/pub/wfpkey.asc