Date:      Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:45:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        =?KOI8-R?B?4dfT1MnOIOvJzQ==?= <avstin@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: grep: write error: Broken pipe

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, ?????? ??? wrote:

> My other question is, those of you who answer questions and debug
> problems on this list, what do you all get out of it?  I feel kind of
> selfish asking for what is basically free technical support; how best
> can I repay you all?

When you become knowledgeable, start answering questions yourself. I
rarely have anything to contribute, but when I do I'll answer a question.

As to why, there's an element of long-term self-interest: the more
successes there are, the larger the user base becomes, the more experts
develop. As a FreeBSD user, it's in my interest to have a large installed
base and a large and robust user community since this will (I think and
hope) ultimately mean more awareness from hardware makers and thus a
continued supply of hardware I can use. Well, applications software too.

And if you become an expert, maybe you can answer *my* question next time
:^)

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging </> ]