Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 1996 21:49:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FIXED: NCR problem until -stable

Hi...

	After figuring out that scbus wasn't a known symbol, and
looking through the ncr.c code, I recompiled the kernel using gcc
2.6.3 instead of 2.7.2, and the system is operational again.

	That's for the lesson in DDB, since without that, I would never
have figured this out on my own.

	One stupid question though...in ncr.c, the "offending" code
was where statements like:

#if (__FreeBSD__ >= 2)
        struct scsibus_data *scbus;
#endif

	happened.  Where its checking to see if __FreeBSD__ >= 2...now,
I realize that if my 2.7.2 was proper, this wouldn't happen, but since
this is 2.1-STABLE, is there a reason why those statements aren't just
changed to

#if (__FreeBSD__)
        struct scsibus_data *scbus;
#endif

	?

	Even looking through /usr/src/current/sys sources, there are
alot of similar #if structs...if there is no reason for it anymore, and
I generate patches to get rid of all that, is there someone I can submit
the patches to in order to get it rolled into -current?

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc