Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 09:33:19 -0500
From:      Norman C Rice <nrice@emu.sourcee.com>
To:        Ricardo <ricardo@hwbji.com.cn>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: "Unkown login class"

On Thu, Jan 08, 1998 at 06:57:39PM +0800, Ricardo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Everytime when I login to my system,  there always some lines as
>          "login get_calss: Unknown class for root"
> displaying on the screen. can anyone tell me why and how i can get rid
> of them?
>
> Thanks a lot,  Peng Chen

If you installed the FreeBSD source, as root

  cp /usr/src/etc/login.conf /etc/login.conf
  /usr/bin/cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf

Use `man login.conf' for details on the login capability database.
BTW, if /etc/login.conf exists, try just rebuilding the database
with cap_mkdb.
--
Regards,
Norman C. Rice, Jr.