Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 19:13:47 -0400
From:      Chris <781185@ican.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installation questions

''

Hi, I have some problems w/ installation.  I am installing freebsd from
a dos partition.  I have a hard disk set up w/ 2 partitions 1 dos and 1
freebsd.  The installation goes fine untill I get to a point where an
install.cfg file is requested.  I skip this b/c I do not have an
install.cfg file to load.  how can I obtain this file and/or where can I
get the information to create one?  That is the first problem.  The
second is this:  After I reboot, freebsd boots but I get an error that
reads something like mounted device does not mach specified device mount
failed. it then goes on to give me a read-only filesystem Also when
freebsd boots I expect to get a login prompt but this does not happen.
Any help would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris Chizk
Center for Visual Science