Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 1996 17:06:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Cyrus Gray <cgray@speakeasy.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD Support Multi Proc. Systems?

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Cyrus Gray wrote:

> Does FreeBSD Support Multi Proc. Systems?  If so do I need to recompile
> the Kernel?  what would I need to do to make it work?  If not does BSDi,
> any other vesion of UN*X? (Preferably NON- Comercial).
>

> Sorry if this is covered somewhere and I just didn't do enough reserch to
> uncover it..

There's a list devoted to this ... FreeBSD-SMP.  The answer is sort of
yes/no.  Yes, FreeBSD handles SMP, but it's very very early inthe
development cycle.  it's exciting for those doing the development (because
changes and improvements are coming fast) but it's not ready for prime
time yet, which is why it's not part of the main release.

If you're looking for experimentation, nows the time for it.  If you're
looking at it as a user, come back in a little while.  No, I don't know
when.

> Thanks
> Cyrus Gray

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |