Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 1995 12:41:58 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   DPT ESDI Caching controller

I've just picked up one of these things sans manual, along with an old 300Mb
ESDI drive that may be on its last legs. The controller has a second board
that looks as if it carries about 2Mb of cache. Does anyone know if these
things just look like an ordinary controller, what jumpers will disable the
floppy drives, is it capable of having its IRQ and i/o ports changed? (yeah,
spare the arguments about how the memory would be better used on the
motherboard, but the fact is the target machine already has all the memory it
can take)

   I really hate babies. Can't stand e'm. The arrogance, the lies.
   They are not to be trusted. I hate babies. - D. Schwab