Date:      Mon, 01 Aug 2005 18:41:39 +0200
From:      "=?iso-8859-15?Q?Jos=E9?= M. =?iso-8859-15?Q?Fandi=F1o?="  <bsdalpha@fadesa.es>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KZPCC-CE SCSI controller

Hello Wilko,

Wilko Bulte wrote:
> >   I got a DS20E which has a KZPCC-CE (LVD 3-ch, 64MB cache) SCSI

> > will I be able to use this controller with FreeBSD?
>
> Well, I guess you are the first one to try this hardware.  I do
> have DS20[E] available in the lab at work, but not this RAID card.

 Well, I would like to try this card with FBSD.

> Would be interesting to know if it works or not, then we can go and
> add it into the default GENERIC for FreeBSD/alpha install cds.

 but how is supposed I can test the controller under FreeBSD if
FreeBSD can't detect it with the ISO images.

some photos of the alpha gear, sorry for the bad quality and size
fortunately for me I don't live of the photography ;)

You can see the KZPCC card before I moved it to hose 0, it's
weird because I have the manuals for the -CE model but there
is a label with the -XE reference on it.

DS20E:
http://195.55.55.164/tests/FreeBSD/alpha/photos/IMG_0048.JPG
http://195.55.55.164/tests/FreeBSD/alpha/photos/IMG_0049.JPG
http://195.55.55.164/tests/FreeBSD/alpha/photos/IMG_0050.JPG