Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:13:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marcia Perry (ITG staff) <mperry@george.lbl.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel Config

Hi,
I added the Hauppage win/TV card to my PC.
I know I need to make this entry in my GENERIC
file:    "device bktr0"
I also know I need to do a MAKEDEV.  Question:
what value do I specify?  i.e., is this correct?
     # sh MAKEDEV bktr0

Generally speaking, does one use the same device
value in the GENERIC file as on the MAKEDEV line
(e.g., bktr0)?

I also have an AW35 Pro Audio card (someone else
did the installation).  I was told to make this
entry in GENERIC:    device pcm0 at isa? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags \
0x15 vector pcmintr

If this is correct, then do I do:
   # sh MAKEDEV pcm0
??

The Boca I/0650 card was installed.  I assume this
gives me serial ports COM1 - COM4.  If this is true,
and my entries in GENERIC are:

device sio0 at isa? port "IO_CM
I mean:
device sio0 at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device sio1 at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr

These look good or no?

For COM3 and COM4, I presently have:

device sio2 at isa? disable port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector siointr
device sio3 at isa? disable port "IO_COM4" tty irq 9 vector siointr

Should these entries be changed?  To what?

Thanks VERY MUCH  (BTW, I have even a shred of a
clue because of your excellent documentation!!)

--Marcia