Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:00:51 -0400
From:      "Martin Mactaggart" <martinm@visualedge.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Newbies" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>, "David Wolfskill" <dhw@whistle.com>
Subject:   Re: easy to use editor and CVSUP

    there's also mcedit, but I don't know if it's around for FreeBSD... You
have the linux emulation stuff you can download it from redhat in one form
or another... It's basically like ms-dos's edit.com, but with syntax
highlighting.

    vi, IMHO, is pure evil... It screams "I am line editor going through an
identity crisis!!!" at me every time I use it; if I am going to learning
different commands and be switching modes and Lord knows what else, I want
to have just mastered an OS, not a text editor.  Just an opinion.