Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:04:35 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Gordon Freeman <freebsdjunkie@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First impressions of FreeBSD 5.3

--KFztAG8eRSV9hGtP

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 12:54:06PM -0600, Gordon Freeman wrote:
> Well, After upgrading a very vanilla 5.2.1 to 5.3 a lot of things are
> just broken.
>=20
> ipfstat doesn't run. The error:
> openkmem:open:no such file or directory
>=20
> My RAID card (Adaptec 2150 using asr driver) is inaccessible because
> the rasr control device no longer exists. Making raidutil useless.

Both of these look bogus..are you certain you upgraded completely?
You'll get this kind of problem if your userland, kernel and/or
modules are out of sync.

> And the server runs incredibly slow. (No I didn't leave in the testing op=
tions)

Slow doing what?  Please provide more information.  You also forgot to
include details of your hardware.  Also, discussions of 5.3 should be
sent to current@FreeBSD.org since it's still in development.

Kris

--KFztAG8eRSV9hGtP

--KFztAG8eRSV9hGtP--