Date:      Wed, 11 May 2005 17:46:24 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HAL on FreeBSD

Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:

> FreeBSD does have /mnt.  Subdirectories under there might be a good idea.
> For example, /mnt/media/* or /mnt/hal/media/*.  I think this would be
> easier to find that something buried multiple levels deep.

Some thoughts:
- /mnt/hal/ suggests (at least to those which know what it may be) that
   there are mountpoints which are controled by something.
- Do have /mnt/hal/media/* and /mnt/media/* to be that deep?
- Some (a lot) docs refer to mounting someting to /mnt or /mnt2, using
   /mnt/XXX would result in unwanted behavior if someone follows
   those docs.
- Does it hurt to add a new directory to the rootfs and to hier(7)
   for the purpose of algorithm controled mounting?

Bye,
Alexander.

GoAT //

[Usenet] Abbreviation: "Go Away, Troll".  See
   troll.