Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2012 21:28:37 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Hans Stimer <hans.stimer@gmail.com>
Cc:        arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-beaglebone install problem

On Sep 4, 2012, at 9:22 PM, Tim Kientzle wrote:

>=20
> On Sep 4, 2012, at 6:07 PM, Warner Losh wrote:
>=20
>>=20
>> On Sep 4, 2012, at 4:17 PM, Hans Stimer wrote:
>>=20
>>> I'm running into problems getting FreeBSD working on the BeagleBone.
>=20
>>>=20
>>=20
>=20
> The ROM code for the AM3358 SoC in the BeagleBone falls
> back to YModem if it can't load the first-stage MLO boot loader
> from SDHC.
>=20
> If you see this, then either the FAT partition is
> ill-formed or the MLO file is missing.
>=20
>>> I checked the logs, and this one stood out:
>>>=20
>=20
> Yeah, looks like U-Boot didn't build.
>=20
> I haven't updated my local U-Boot sources in a while,
> I'll go do that and get right back to you=85

Please update the freebsd-beaglebone scripts and
try again.  I found and fixed a couple of problems:

 * I had reversed the logic to decide if patches were already
   applied, so U-Boot wasn't getting patched.
 * One of my patches needed to be updated to work with
   the newest U-Boot sources.
 * I added some logic so that the beaglebsd.sh script will
   actually fail with an error message if the U-Boot patch,
   configure, or build steps fail.  This should make problems
   like this more obvious.

Let me know if you run into any other issues.

Cheers,

Tim