Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 2003 02:28:39 -0400
From:      Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No/weird mixer in -CURRENT

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:19:12 -0400, thus spake Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>:
: This is a fairly new machine, using a DFI PS83-BL motherboard.  pcm0
: is picked up as an Intel ICH5 (82801EB), and a C-Media Electronics
: CMI9739 AC97 Codec.
:
: Does pcm not fully understand my audio device, am I lacking a mixer,
: or is it something else
: entirely?

(Apologies for horrible wrapping the first time.)

I just went through and applied a one-line patch to ich.c -- looks like
it was saying to treat ICH5 like ICH4.  This didn't make a difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers?  As much as I like
listening to something at full volume, it would be nice to be able to
turn it down without turning it off.