Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:25:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        Nate Puri <natepuri@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to people easily update ports with dependencies (such as galeon)?

The problem with that though is let's say that it spits out this (pseudo
speaking):

update portA
update portB
update portC

And let's say that portA depends on portB which depends on port C.  Well,
when I run that code to update portA it's going to automatically update
portB which will update portC which means the rest of the above script is
pointless -- and it won't remove the currently installed old versions of
portB and portC.

Although now that I think about it, I could change the "make install" to
"make reinstall" in the output of pkg_version -c and that would do it.

Maybe I"ll just not worry about two versions of the same port being
installed :)

-philip