Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 11:40:37 +0100 (BST)
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 / FreeBSD Supported 3-button mice?

Paul T. Root said:
>In a previous message, MetcalJM@utrc.utc.com said:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has a 3-button mouse
>> successfully configured in FreeBSD and XFree86
>> that plugs into a PS/2 port.  If so, what is the brand
>> and model?
>
>I used to use a Logitec MouseMan, now I have a Logitec
>TrackMan Vista and the TrackMan Marble on my laptop.
>All work very well with the PS/2 port. Actually, the
>MouseMan was a Port mouse. I know the logitec driver
>didn't work, I used the other (non-microsoft)  one.

I picked one up for $10 at CompUSA last Christmas (although the promised
$10 rebate never appeared!).  It's totally generic but was boxed as
"Today's Mouse" or somesuch.  I expect just about anything with a PS/2 plug
will work without too much trouble.

The easiest way to configure it is to enable moused in /etc/rc.conf, with
mouse type "ps/2".  Then point X at /dev/sysmouse and tell it to use the
"mousesystems" protocol.  This is all explained properly in moused(8).

Cheers,
	Scott