Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:10:13 -0400
From:      Bryan Carter Vyhmeister <bcv@macflash.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   buildkernel and priority.h errors

I have been running FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE. I recently purchased a Yamaha
16/10/40 CD-RW and I have been having some issues with it. I discovered
that CURRENT has a fix for the issues I was experiencing. I tried
updating to CURRENT from STABLE but was not able to get the kernelbuild
to work. I could do a buildworld/installworld but not kernelbuild. So, I
deleted my /usr/src directory and got the complete source for
4.3-RELEASE and updated it to STABLE. I did a buildworld/installworld
but I can't seem to get kernelbuild to work. I get the following
message:

make: don't know how to make /usr/src/sys/sys/priority.h. Stop
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error

The only thing I can think of is that when I did a
buildworld/installworld for CURRENT that I got all of the CURRENT
versions of applications and everything. I thought that when I reverted
back to STABLE that I would have gotten rid of most of that stuff. I
realize that some applications may still be around because CURRENT
contains more things that STABLE. I did a make && make install in
/usr/src/include to see if that would help and that got rid of some
other errors I had previously been experiencing. I am just not sure what
to do at this point. Maybe I should just start from scratch. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Bryan
tech@macflash.com