Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:19:23 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Gabe Garcia <gabeg@lodgenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Source code for finger(1) [was: ?]

On 2002-06-11 09:38 -0500, Gabe Garcia wrote:
> I want to find out how to look at the source for the "finger" function.
> What I mean by the "finger" function is...when I am in my shell(bash) i
> type in "finger" to see who is on my machine. I want to see the source
> to this. How would I go about that?

% cd /usr/src/usr.bin/finger/

> P.S.-Yes I am using the FreeBSD O/S
> thank you for any replies

Even if you weren't using FreeBSD, or you didn't have the sources
installed, you can always see the current version of the source at:

	http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/srcusr.bin/finger/

- Giorgos

PS: You might want to use a more descriptive subject when asking things.
I have edited the current subject, but it's a good idea to use more
verbose subjects in your future posts :)