Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 23:25:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        klaus@compt.com (Klaus Steden)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: named, and socket bindings

The newer version of bind does not have to use port 53 for outbound
queries, so it opens a high port for this.  You can turn this off
with
options {
	query-source address * port 53;
};

You can even force it to always use a specific IP address, which is
great for named running behind firewalls/filter routers.

Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net