Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:17:31 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Electricity bill [was: Re: Leaving a Computer Running ?]

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 11:12:19AM +0100, Svein Halvor Halvorsen wrote:

> * Louis LeBlanc [2005-02-07 14:57 -0500]
> >  I'm coming into this thread a bit late, but if you go to
> :
> >  You'll see a neat little gadget that will tell you exactly what your
> >  computers electrical usage is.
>

> I'm not saying that leaving your computer on 24/7 consumes little power.
> I'm just saying that in Norway (where I live) and in Sweden (where the
> person I replied to seems to live) how much power used by your computers
> is irrelevant.
>
> This is true because:
>
>  1) Our house need to be heated a lot (more than the computer can provide)

True.

>  2) Other heatsources are also based on electricity

Not necessarily true. It was my message you originally replied to, and
the apartment where I live has central heating, such that the heating
is included in teh rent, and does not show up on the electricity bill
(and I don't think the heating uses electricity anyway.)

Power used by the computer is relevant for me, and shows up directly on
the electricity bill (while heating does not.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson