Date:      Thu, 02 Dec 1999 14:58:47 +0000
From:      John Hartley <john@ncipher.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   device major number allocation

hello,

	We develop hardware for cryptographic acceleration and secure key
storage and we have written a device driver for FreeBSD 3.x for one of
our PCI products.

	I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get a device major
number allocated for this driver.

	I have searched the web site and recent news groups and I have been
unable to find any specific information on this topic.  I apologise if I
have missed it somewhere, or if this is the wrong place to ask for this
information,

	If you could point me in the right direction the I would be most
grateful,

	thanks in advance

-john

--