Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:05:05 -0500
From:      The Babbler <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA Qs: 2 NICs & new pccard.conf entry

My apologies. I was clearly unclear.

First, I'm getting mailing list messages now.  For some reason I never
got them when I subscribed to freebsd-questions (which was ok since it
is gateway to a newsgroup), but it's working for freebsd-mobile.

I have two 3com cards, but not two identical 3com cards--I had already
figured that two identical cards was asking for trouble so I
deliberately avoided that.

To make this clear, here is the /etc/pccard.conf file I created.

The first two entries are the two cards I'm trying to get working on my
gateway/firewall.  They seem to work fine by themselves, and are simply
copies of the "standard" entries from /etc/defaults/pccard.conf, only
with the IRQs updated so as not to conflict.  But whenever I insert both
cards I get a message that there's a resource conflict and the second
one doesn't "take."

The third entry is the Linksys entry I created.  It's like the Linksys
entries in the /etc/defaults file but with the strings updated.  The
updated strings work fine; the card is now recognized but it says "CIS
was not found" when I insert it.

# This is the Cable-modem card I got.
# 3Com Etherlink III 3CXE589EC
# 3Com Etherlink III 3CXE589ET
card "3Com" "Megahertz 589E"
#	config	0x1 "ep" ?
#	config	auto "ep" ?
	config	0x1 "ep" 3
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start
	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop

# This is the 3com card with the huge dongle.
# 3Com Etherlink III 3C589B, 3C589C
card "3Com Corporation" "3C589"
#	config	0x1 "ep" ?
#	config	auto "ep" ?
#	config auto "ep" ?
	config 0x1 "ep" 9
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start -link0 link1
#	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start link0 -link1
	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop

# This is the Linksys card I have, with the fat holder.
card "Linksys" "EtherFast 10&100 + 56K PC Card (PCMLM56)"
	config 0x1 "ed" ?