Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 00:11:54 +0100
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        OKAZAKI Tetsurou <okazaki@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/23357: New port: java/jakarta-regexp

Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se> writes:
> > BTW, is installing into something else than
> > ${PREFIX}/share/java really a good idea? It seems to me, it is
> > installing straight into ${PREFIX} now...?
>
> It installs into /usr/local/tomcat, which makes perfect sense if you
> run it stand-alone. The alternative is to roll my own install script
> for tomcat that installs bits all over /usr/local, which would be a
> lot more  (and require a lot more work for every upgrade).

Well, I guess I could just set PREFIX=/usr/local/share/java.
That would be sufficient for me.

> If you think you can do this The Right Way, please submit patches and
> I'll be happy to hand over maintainership to you.

True enough, The Right Way is quite different depending on
whether one wants to run tomcat with apache or standalone.
Installing the lot in /usr/local/share/java/tomcat seems
natural to me, but as I said, I can set PREFIX when making and
get it the way I want.

Cheers,
Palle