Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:35:17 -0600
From:      Alain Fabry <fabry@panam.edu>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Where does mail flow through

Am I right when I say that mail flows through /var/tmp before it goes to the appropriate mailboxes?
The reason why I'm asking this is because it seems like whenever there is high mail traffic, the /var/tmp gets saturated and
gives me with an error message that the disk is full?
Could somebody please let me know about the flow of mail from the time it arrive to the time it get read.

Also, if my assumption is right, how can I mount the /var/tmp directory on another device, for example,
from wd0s2e to wd0s2f

Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0a       31775    14096    15137    48%    /
/dev/wd0s2f   1699543   395258  1168322    25%    /usr
/dev/wd0s2e     29727     3690    23659    13%    /var
procfs              4        4        0   100%    /proc\

Another question, is there any way I can increase my swap space if I put in another drive. I was not able to increase/create
the swap file during the initial setup, it only allowed me to use the auto create of filespace?

Thanks,

Alain

Alain Fabry
Senior LAN Admin
The University of Texas - Pan American (COSERVE)
1201 W. University Dr.
Edinburg, Tx 78539