Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 1996 21:38:39 -0600
From:      Kirk Lapray and Scott Hunt <klapray@cougarnet.byu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation Problems over weird EtherNET connection

We recently (about 25 minutes ago) tried to set up FreeBSD through an
FTP install on a Pentium-Pro 200Mhz with 64MB of RAM.  We were actually
quite impressed by the installation program which auto detected the SVGA
card, SCSI adapter and EtherNET card.  However, after filling in the
EtherNet connection info, it bombed out on us (both in active and
passive modes) with an Error 11: "I'm Dead".
	The connection is to a DHCP server, which automatically assigns IP
addresses, and such stuff.  At least under WinNT and Win95 (for which we
have it set-up and runnning effectively) we only must specify that the
server will assign an address, and run netscape, and it comes up fine.
(We do have an IP address number, but at least under WinNT and 95, we
don't have to specify any of that gateway information or anything... If
you have any ideas on how we could get this thing up and running, we
would very much appeciate it.

					Scott Hunt
					Kirk Lapray