Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:06:26 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ombudsman (sp? :)

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:

> > Could we have an ombudsman list? Ie, a mailing address for complains
> > about us? While I fear it might get spammed with Brett Glass
> > messages, I'm concerned that there isn't any obvious place for users
> > to express their dissatisfactions.
>
> Hmmmm.  You mean like complaints@freebsd.org or something?  Is it also
> OK if nobody from core actually subscribes to it? :-)

Yes, and yes. At the very least, it would be a useful tool for us
advocacy types. You know, knowing what people *don't* like about
us... Of course, there should be a warning to the effect that this
is a feedback tool for us, and not a problem-solving list. Ie,
people shouldn't expect to have their complains *answered*. Instead,
they may (or may not) be *addressed*.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Well, Windows works, using a loose definition of 'works'..."