Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 01:13:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dave Hummel <hummel@www.snybuf.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X crash

A similar scenario was mentioned not too long ago, but I don't recall any
solution.

While running Netscape 4.02b7 and a few xterms, I had a total
screen/keyboard/mouse freeze. System: 2.2.2-RELENG XFree86 3.3, 32 meg
Stealth 64 S3. Any hardware issues I should be checking out?

One possibility I'm considering is that I did not update XFree86 after
several  'make world' 's. I'm sure this sounds ignorant, but could this
have something to do with it? While I'm on the subject, does a sysinstall
that has been updated point to updated binary versions of programs or are
ports the only thing that are kept currnet between releases?

Thanks,
Dave