Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 1996 13:36:57 +0000 ()
From:      Pedro A M Vazquez <vazquez@IQM.Unicamp.BR>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PS/VP problems

Hello
	We have two IBM PS/VP 486 dx 33 we use as gateways and
NIS/DNS/Web servers without any problems. Now we're having problems
with another one which is acting as gateway only.
	The problem: the computer freezes and only a cold restart brings
it up again, sometimes we need two or more cold restarts because it
hangs during daemon inntializations (randomly).
	Someone from IBM sugested:

	1) Changing the Ether cards to upper/down slots
	2) Changing the motherboard :-/

Due the messages:

Mar  4 13:16:54 styx /kernel: ed1: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 54671
Mar  4 13:23:19 styx /kernel: ed1: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 54671

	I'm running 2.1.0-R on it, it has 16M ram, a WD Caviar and
two NE2000 ISA clones.
	This computer used to have 60-70 days uptimes (with 1.1.5,2.0.5
and no problems with 2.1.0) before we added the second Ethernet. We believe
it is a hardware problem because the other two computer have a heavy load
and have no problems, but we would like to diagnose it before we go
to a new motherboard/computer.
	Question: what would be the best way to find out what is hanging
the machine?

Thanks

Pedro