Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 10:56:34 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New "release candidate floppies" available

Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:
> No problem (and please don't cc: announce! :( )

Sorry about that 8(  (sever sleep shortage 8( )

> > Very close! FTP install is still looking for <set>.tgz, and hangs
> > if it doesn't find it.  (ie. FTP sites with <set>.xx break it)
>
> Last minute breakage - I think I have it now!  It should be
> working in a set I'm having Gary test right as we speak.

OK - also, please be aware that DOS FTP servers (eg my notbook) fold
case in filenames.  This causes X311SVGA.tgz to come back as x311svga.tgz,
and the install (correctly), reports an error.
Sorry I didn't report that one last night - I went to
bed before it got that far.

> > Timezone stuff seems still broken with wall CMOS clocks.  Try entering a cloc
> > value, nominate that clock time is wall time, then say that you're
> > in South Australia.  The 'is this OK' time will be a few hours earlier
>
> Not my dept.

Fair enough.  Just did the work on another machine here - it looks like
it's infact the wall/UTC swapped problem described earlier; this
machine's clock can be trusted, and it was decided that it's UTC, not
wall time.

> > Indeed.  _PLEASE_ fix the FTP install to handle <550 File not found>
> > messages 8)  (another install just hung 8( )
>
> I will/have!  I thought I had already..

You may have between the 4/6/95 midday (wcarchive) disk that I used for
this install and now, hence the deja-vu.

> 					Jordan

I've just completed a week of being remote software support for a  site
upgrade, I appreciate how you feel right now 8)

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[