Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 05:37:46 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
From:      "Mike Woods" <Mike@the-rubber-chicken-network.co.uk>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.6 Slow NFS access from my Amiga on the network.

Now i know at least one person on these here lists knows a fair bit about
miggies so im hoping at least one person can help me with this.

About 7 months ago my miggy had a h/e failure that left it out of commision
since then untill this week, now in that time i've built a new fileserver
(same name/ip and settings) now on the old 4.4 based file server NFS was
quite nippy, copying files to and from my miggy over the network didnt cause
any problems at all BUT with the new file server i find NFS strugles to get
more than 50k/s over my network while using SMB with my windows box still
manages to pull 600k/s, my question is has anything changed in the nfs
implamentation since 4.4 that might be causing this as the settings on my
miggy havent changed (hard to do when it's out of commision for 7 months :D)
and the new file server is configured as the old one (checked against my old
settings file) and the NFS setup is IDENTICAL.

This is beyond annoying so any help anyone can give me would be apreciated.

--
Mike Woods
WoA SE Webmonkey & General Dogsbody