Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:36:02 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        BSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: VirusProtection and IMAP

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 02:47  PM, Gannater J=E1nos wrote:
> Virus:
> What kind of anti virus software should I use to protect my
> BSD system which is free and really kill's viruses?

Most Unix users don't need anti-virus software; someone gave a reference=20=

to chkrootkit under the ports which will look for rootkits.

> IMAP:
> Where can I tell freeBSD which IMAP software should he use?
> Like I installed cyrus and imapd-uw. So which one the system
> is using and how can I switch between them?

Take a look at /etc/inetd.conf, although it's also possible to configure=20=

the mail daemons to work as standalone programs.

-Chuck

        Chuck Swiger | chuck@codefab.com | All your packets are belong =
to=20
us.