Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 21:33:28 -0500
From:      Neill Robins <freebsd@nc.rr.com>
To:        csides <csides@vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA-100

> I have an ATA-100 card in my computer - does the newest version of BSD support
> it?

> -Chris Sides
> Senior Computer Science major at Virginia Tech

[from Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu> 14 Nov, 2000]

According the the RELNOTES.TXT file included in the 4.2 RC1 ISO:
The ata(4) driver now has support for ATA100 controllers. [4.1.1]

so that means it was in 4.1.1 and of course in 4.2
Out of the supported ATA cards listed in the HARDWARE.TXT file in the
4.2RC1 ISO, the only ones that are obviosly ATA100 are Promise
Fasttrak-100 and Promise Ultra-100

-Neill