Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 11:32:12 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        JMS Internet <webmaster@jmsinternet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unable to delete a file

> As root you can press ESC it will help you delete files with spaces

That will work only if you already have the first character uniquely. To
get a space, put a backslash before it. That is, type

/users/ftp/incoming/\

(with a space at the end) and hit ESC twice and the entry should
complete (or with bash or tcsh, hit tab, or type the whole thing out
explicitly backslashing each space).