Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 08:45:57 -0800
From:      Don Wilde <don@PartsNow.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan@Shevchenko.kiev.ua>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Could FreeBSD be a viable platform for large SQL/SAP/etc  enterprise applications?

I sympathize with Ruslan's problem. I was in Kharkov, Ukraine last
summer and couldn't find much support for anything, let alone high
powered computing. If they can't keep the walls standing, they can't
keep the computers dry ;) I've since found a few relay servers, but most
everybody's still squirting UUCP.

However, I would suggest, Ruslan, that FreeBSD and PostgreSQL source
code availability and these wonderful mailing lists will give you much
better developmental support than you will ever get from Oracle or
Sybase or SCO or M$. I know that between these lists and the codebase I
can get better answers in less time than it takes to get through the
telephone hold time on a support line, and for you, e-mailing lists are
thes ONLY viable support mechanism. My recommendation: stick with people
who will support you from personal pride and altruistic professionalism,
of which the FreeBSD crew is a prime example.

Of course, you might also get a few flames along the way... :))) they're
fun!
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *