Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 10:26:20 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        config@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Needed: intelisync-like functionality

Warner Losh writes:
> :
> : Rsync (mostly).
>
> No.  Rsync is one changer -> many machines.  What I want is many
> changers on many machines resyncing automatically from time to time

	Lotus Notes ? :-P

> since these machines aren't always connected.  Eg, I have a checkbook
> database on my machine at home, on my laptop and on my wife's laptop.
> Over time, all three of these get entries added to them and need to be
> re-syncrhonized with some kind of conflict resolution.

	I've been thinking about doing something similar with mailbox-
	merging between different machine (laptop and office mainly).
	(where in fact you can treat each mail as a DB record, with
	several keys, etc...)...

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-

               The Internet is busy.  Please try again later.