Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 12:05:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        sameer@c2.org
Cc:        gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG, brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as DNS

> 	Sorry, I was tired. I meant that just because your web server
> software runs SSL doesn't mean you've fixed all the security problems
> with your web server installation.
>

> > Sorry???? What on earth does SSL capable WWW servers have to do with
> > sendmail? They are two COMPLETELY different topics... Do you have a
> > grudge against sendmail or something?

Gary: It's a semantic distinction between "secure server" and
"secure service".

It's likely that if you have a mchine with credit card data on it,
you would want "secure server" as well as "secure service".

Personally, I think it's just plain common sense to have a secure WWW
service offered on a machine with all other ports switched off and/or
firewalled from access.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---