Date:      Sun, 19 May 1996 00:01:17 -0400
From:      craigs@os.com (Craig Shrimpton)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I've SUPped the files, now what?

Folks,

I need to know a safe way to use SUP.  I have the src files using sup -v
/usr/share/examples/sup/stable-supfile.  The docs say to "make world" but
before I do that does anyone know of a safer way to upgrade the system?  I'd
hate to overwrite config files and such.  What's the best method for using
SUP? Should I just pick the apps I want to upgrade and do them individually?
My main concern is having an up to date kernel.

Thanks,

Craig

Orbit Internet                               Email:  craigs@os.com
400 Grove Street                             Phone:  (508) 753-8776
Worcester, MA 01605                          http://www.os.com/