Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:58:16 -0500
From:      David Quattlebaum <sasdrq@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help with Gateway Solo cs5300

Just got a Gateway Solo 5300 and I'm trying to get X to work properly
and get it to recognize one of my modem cards.

The video card is Savage IX/MV.

Builtin modem is  Xircom which I have determined is a winmodem :-(

I've tried two Modem cards:

   3Com Megahertz 56K Global GSM & Cellular Modem PC Card 3CXM756

and

   US Robotics Megahertz 56K PC Card Modem CC1560

Both of these cards hang the PC. The CC1560 will hang until I remove it,
the 3CXM756 will hang until I reboot.

Any suggestions from another 5300 user?

--
David Quattlebaum, (sasdrq@unx.sas.com)             <IXOYE><

"Time's fun when you're having flies" - Kermit The Frog