Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:59:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make buildworld/installworld

Could someone confirm whether this is pilot error or not?  These sources
are from July 26.

I was short on space, so I skipped over some things by giving a bunch of
flags such as -DNOINFO -DNOSHARE -DNOPROFILE, etc...

The build went fine, but install is complaining about:

 Rebuilding man page indexes
cd /usr/src/share/man && /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/make makedb
cd: can't cd to /usr/src/share/man
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Now I didn't want to install anything from /usr/src/share, so it doesn't
exist.  Is it absolutely necessary?  In this case I'm only upgrading from
a snapshot of about 3 weeks ago...  And I am calling installworld with the
exact same flags.  Even tried adding -DNOMAN with the same results.

Do I absolutely need /usr/src/share?

Thanks,

Charles

Charles Sprickman