Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:17:19 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: change to linux/Makefile

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 09:00:11PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> The first problem was that there was no linux_syscall anyway. The second
> problem was that even when I regen'd them for -stable, the compile wasn't
> finding them.

linux_syscall.h, linux_proto.h and linux_sysent.c will be generated on
the fly when you do a make depend. Did you do a make depend?

> BTW- I'm not 100% convinced that similar problems are avoided in -current- by
> my having both a /usr/src on all of my machines as well as a /tstsys I
> probably get lots of unintentional 'sorta maybe kind mostly works' situations.

On -current I reverted the generation-on-the-fly of the abovementioned
files, because we are missing the support in general for that. That's
probably why it works on -current.