Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 12:56:47 +0100
From:      Alex Dyas <ADyas@twowaytv.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Scripting FTP actions

I ran into a similar situation recently with scripting FTP gets, solved it
using command line ftp thus:

<ftpscript.sh>
#!/bin/sh
#
# Perform FTP
ftp 10.10.10.10 2>&1 <<!
bin
cd /foo/bah/
get foo.bah /local/foo.bah
!
</ftpscript.sh>

Changing the get to put should work.

This involves having the following .netrc file in the home directory of the
user under which the script is being run:

<.netrc>
machine 10.10.10.10 login <username> password <password>
</.netrc>

Obviously as .netrc contains the username/password you need to be sure this
is in a secure place.

alex..