Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:04:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joe McGuckin <joe@monk.via.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   wrong ethernet address on interface?

FreeBSD 2.2.6.

On one of our web servers we have 60 IP aliased to the ethernet
interface.

rsh to another server doesn't work because the 'from' IP address
of the server seems to be randomly picked from and of the IP's
that are aliased to the ethernet interface. I would think that the
correct behavior is to always use the first ip address that the
interface was set to (non-aliased).

Can someone suggest a workaround or a fix?

Thanks,

joe

Joe McGuckin

ViaNet Communications