Date:      Wed, 08 May 2002 09:14:50 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        O Senhor <osenhor@uol.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cron

O Senhor wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   How can one user to use crond ???
>   crontab -e ???
>   My doubt is the follow: Can the user manage your cron jobs without my
> intervention??? if, for example, the user wants run some job every day.
> What command he would type?

There are two types of crontabs, the system crontab and user crontab.
Each user has their own crontab and they can edit it with "crontab -e"
Normal users can't edit each other's crontabs, or the system crontab.
And programs run with the permissions of the user, thus you can limit
them with login classes and permissions.

Read the man pages for crontab.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology