Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2003 00:59:39 -0400
From:      David Banning <david@skytracker.ca>
To:        Paul Tsai <pat2@lehigh.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Palm and Freebsd

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 10:38:19PM -0400, Paul Tsai wrote:
> I have no idea how to get freebsd to detect my palm device.  I can not
> find any documentation on it anywhere.  This is extremely dissapointing
> to me
>
> I added uvisor and ucom to my kernel and still nothing... what is going
> on?  Jpilot and pilot link cannot seem to find it ....
>
> I have a m130 series... does that mean it isn't supported?

there is an acknowledged problem with uvisor and freebsd when attempting
to connect via USB. AFAIK, there is only connection via serial, and more
recently via ppp. I am not familiar with the M130, so I don't know whether
ppp or serial are options for you or not. The ppp option is on the archives
for pilot-link and coldsync, or if you can't find it, I can dig up the
info and send it to you.

Hope that helps.