Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:27:50 -0800
From:      "Matt M." <matt@boda.virtualave.net>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cvsup current - problems with -release kernel

I cvsupd current, and did a make buildworld last night - i didn't do make
installworld - now when i boot my system (when it is initializing the
network) I get a message that is similar to "cannot allocate llinfo for
/kernel" - i tried an older kernel and i got the same message. I am using
DHCP, so I thought maybe there was a problem with that, and I ran
/stand/sysinstall to setup my system to NOT use DHCP and rebooted. Same
message. What could be the problem? make buildworld doesn't actually change
any installed files or settings does it?

My network doesnt work in any configuration at this point.