Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 18:13:24 EST
From:      LOlayiwola <LOlayiwola@aol.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Unix System Security

Hello,

I am a postgraduate student in London doing some research work on Unix system
security.

Can you please assist me with some answers to the following questions:

1) What method(s) can a hacker use to intercept my password on a unix system
and the commands that could be used to achieve the interception.

2) How could I as a security advisor advise a network administrator to cater
for this security problem.

3)What steps in your opinion would I need to take to identify and repair the
possible damage assuming I had superuser(root) privelege to the server.

I thank you in advance for your time.

Larry